Feedback- Website

Something to say? We are listening to you

Your views matter and we want to know about them. Whether it is a suggestion, compliment or a complaint – we want to hear about it.

At Self Help, we aim to make sure that we offer the right service and care to the highest standard. However, we recognise that at times things do go wrong and when they do, we would like you to tell us so that we can do our best to resolve any concerns that you may have.

Click here to download our complaints and compliments leaflet Download File - 180.65Kb

Click here to view our policies, including Information Governance, Safeguarding and Confidentiality

Who can complain?
  • Anyone who is receiving, or has received care or services from us
  • Anyone who is affected by an action or a decision that we have made

If you are unable to complain yourself, then someone else such as a carer or relative or a close friend can complain for you, but we may need to ask you for permission to share information with them.

It is important that you make your complaint as soon as possible after the event you want to complain about happening. This means that you must make your complaint:

  • Within 12 months of the event you want to complain about happening, or
  • Within 12 months of realising that you have something to complain about.

In certain circumstances we can consider complaints that do not fit into these time scales. If you think that this may apply to you, please contact us to discuss this further.

Who do I complain to?

Whenever possible you should tell someone close to the cause of your complaint, such as a member of staff or a volunteer. In many cases, it should be possible to sort out the problem straight away. Normally within 7 days.

However, if you are still dissatisfied or do not feel able to approach the staff directly involved in your care. Alternatively, you can also contact us by using the details below where you can be directed to the next level of management.

The appropriate manager offers a means of resolving concerns at an early stage.

Can I get help with my complaint?

You can obtain advice and support from a number of local advocacy support services. Please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with further details.

What happens after your complaint is received?

After receiving your complaint, we will contact you to discuss how we intend to deal with your concerns, consider what you want to happen as a result of your complaint, agree the best way to do this, and how long this should take.

This could involve arranging a meeting with you to discuss your complaint, or arranging for your complaint to be investigated by a senior member of staff. You may also receive a formal response letter to your concerns, signed by the chief executive at the end of the complaint process.

Our aim is to provide a full response to you within an agreed time scale. This may vary from complaint to complaint. However, we will keep you informed about the progress of your complaint at all times.

If, at the end of the complaint process, you are unhappy with how we dealt with your concerns, or are unhappy with what we have told you, you can take your complaint further. We can provide you with the information about how to do this.

Contact us with your feedback today

List of Advocacy Services


The Manchester Advocacy Hub

Gaddum Centre
Gaddum House
6 Great Jackson Street
Manchester, M15 4AX

T: 0161 214 3904


Stockport Council

My Care My Choice has information about local services, groups and activities, as well as advice about looking after your wellbeing and independence.

T: 0161 217 6029


Salford City Council

T: 0161 909 6517


Rochdale and District MIND Advocacy

Rochdale & District Mind provides independent advocacy services in Rochdale, Bury & Tameside

The Mind Wellbeing
3-11 Drake Street
Rochdale, OL16 1RE

T: 01706 752344


Trafford Advocacy Service

Trafford Centre for Independent Living
Marshall House
2 Park Avenue
Sale, M33 6HE

T: 0161 850 0645
Healthwatch Trafford

Floor 5, Sale Point
126 – 150 Washway Road
Sale, M33 6AG

T: 0300 999 0303

Citizens Advice Trafford

Citizens Advice Trafford
1 Waterside Plaza
Trafford, M33 7BS

T: 0844 499 4103


Healthwatch Liverpool

1st Floor
151 Dale Street
Liverpool L2 2AH

T: 0300 77 77 007