(Please note that if you can only volunteer for part of a session please we can discuss possible options)
- Not currently recruiting. Opportunities are expected later in 2019 so please check back.
- Walkden Gateway, 2 Smith Street M28 3EZ
NO VACANCIES AT PRESENT
- The Energise Centre, 3 Douglas Green, Salford M6 6ES
- Stockport School, Mile End Lane, Stockport, SK2 6BQ on Tuesday 12:00 – 1:15pm OR 1:45 -3:00pm
NO VACANCIES AT PRESENT.
- Stockport Academy Heathbank Road, Cheadle Heath, SK3 0UP onWednesdays from4-6pm OR6pm-8pm
Children and Young People
- Abacus Children’s Centre, 120 Garners Ln, Stockport SK3 8QW on Thursday from 2.45 – 5.30pm – Please contact us before applying
- Priestnall School, Priestnall Road, Heaton Mersey, Stockport SK4 3HP on Thursdays from 9:45am–12:15pm – Please contact us before applying
- Stockport School, Mile End Lane, Stockport SK2 6BW onTuesdays from 9:30am-11:30pm or 11:30pm – 1:30pm – NO VACANCIES
- Stockport Central Children’s Centre, St. Thomas’ School Bungalow, Marriott Street, Stockport SK13 3PJ on Thursday 12:45 – 3:00pm – NO VACANCIES
- Stockport Fire Station, King Street West, Stockport 8:30am – 4:30pm – NO VACANCIES
- Hazel Grove Sure Start, Beech Avenue, Hazel Grove, Stockport SK7 4QP on Thursday 1-3pm ORfrom 3pm-5pm – NO VACANCIES
Altrincham Library, 20 Stamford New Road, Altrincham WA14 1EJ on Wednesday 5-7pm
NO VACANCIES AT PRESENT
Dual Diagnosis (mental health + substance misuse)
- Cirtek House, Thomas Street, Higher Hillgate, Stockport SK1 3QD on Wednesday 1:00 – 4:00pm or 4:00 – 8:00pm
- Romiley Life Centre, 3 Stockport Road, Romiley SK6 4BN – NO VACANCIES AT PRESENT
About the role
eTherapy sessions normally last for two hours each and are located in community venues with computer access, which service users can access and interact with self-help software packages to help develop strategies for coping with a range of difficulties. Popular examples include Silvercloud which delivers CBT strategies and approaches and Sleepio which is intended to support people suffering from sleep deficit.
The volunteer role involves preparing the venue and machines for use, greeting new service users explaining what to do and dealing with any questions or issues that arise when using the software.
Training is provided and very good communication skills are important for this role as is the need to be able to maintain strict professional boundaries. This role offers a good level of direct contact with service users but is different in nature to a role like Peer to Peer because volunteers are working with a group of people who will for the most part be interacting with the software once the session is under way.
If there are no current vacancies – It is still possible to apply for a venue without vacancies but you would need to be able to offer cover if an exiting volunteer is unable to attend due to sickness or holidays for example and will involve waiting until an opening arises. Alternatively you could volunteer in another role in the meantime.
How to apply
For more information about this post please email@example.com call 0161 226 3871.Ready to apply? Click here to download a volunteer application form Download File